The human body is amazing and the less you do, the better. The most important thing you can do to heal your brows is to keep them dry. For microblading, we recommend a dry heal method as the pigment heals from the dermis up which is the opposite of a traditional tattoo heal. The dry healing method insures the most pigment retention, aids in keeping the lines crisp and the pigment in place. Keeping your brows as dry as possible for a period of 10 days yields great results. Every body recovers at their own pace some slower (older skin, immune challenges) some faster (younger skin, high immune, good maintenance).
If there is one thing to be obsessed about with your brows it’s the aftercare! Like anything in life, what you put in is what you get out of the experience. If you commit to the 10 day dry heal period you will have long lasting, crisp brows! Remember, this is an investment in yourself and healing is a crucial component of perfect brows. Making plans in advance such as, not working out, no extreme activities, no saunas or swimming will help with your 10 day healing plan. It’s easier than you think and yes, you can still shower and wash your face. At the appointment both before and after the procedure you and Jenna will go over the full aftercare routine and allow time for questions and advice. After both your initial appointment and second follow up appointment Jenna will provide an aftercare packet which supplies you with the items needed to clean and maintain your brows during the healing process.
BEFORE proceeding WASH YOUR HANDS.
1) After each procedure your brows will be covered with ointment. Keep on for TWO HOURS and DO NOT touch your face or brow area.
2) Two hours after your appointment wash hands and open after care packet. Snap open sterile water vial and soak sterile gauze provided. Gently wipe off ointment on brows and continue to wipe softly until the area is totally clean and no film residue is left on skin. Let air dry.
With provided blotting papers gently blot brows and surrounding area EVERY HOUR for the first few days. Blot 3-6 times a day for the remaining 10 days. If you have oily skin or it’s the high heat of summer blot frequently and as needed. A tap and press method is great, no need to drag or scratch the area. The ultimate goal is to keep eyebrows dry to retain shape and pigment color.
3) Keep your face and brows out of any direct sun. Wear sunglasses and brim hat in the summer months to cover while healing.
4) Avoid any activity where steam or sweat would affect your face. Do not go to saunas, do not work out, do not wash dishes or shower for too long allowing steam in.
5) Keep your face out of any direct water stream. While in the shower, keep a dry face cloth on hand to blot while washing. A cooler and quick shower is recommended during healing.
6) When washing your face do not splash or soak the area. Cleansing cloths are recommended to make washing easier as you heal. Do not exfoliate the area at all.
7) DO NOT apply any cosmetics directly on brows. NO skin care products, sunscreen or any other topicals mentioned in the consent forms on or near your brows for the entirety of the 10 day healing process. Migration of product can affect the healed results. If brows are feeling tight around day 6-8 you can use a fragrance free thin layer of organic coconut oil to moisturize, use sparingly.
8) At day 10 you can resume washing your face as normal, including your brows! Be sure to use a gentle face wash and do not exfoliate directly on brows.BEFORE you wash your new brows WASH YOUR HANDS.
• Set a two hour timer before leaving the shop to remind yourself when to clean brows as directed.
• Wash your hair the night before the appointment or get your hair washed by a stylist or friend while healing to avoid any excess water to your brow region.
• Place a small clean towel on your pillow each evening for the first few days to ensure maximum cleanliness as you sleep!
• Purchase face cleansing wipes prior to appointment. I recommend Cetaphil gentle skin cleansing face wipes. Different from makeup remover wipes. These are gentle, Ph balanced and work on all skin types.
• Prepare your 10 healing days accordingly and in advance. Do not work out, do not book any spa or sauna appointments, do not sweat!
• Arrange your schedule prior to appointments to allow ample time to heal fully. This includes vacations to hot or tropically sunny locations and more importantly any major life events such as weddings, parties, photoshoots etc. Please plan appointments well in advance and make sure to factor in healing time as an extension of the appointment.